Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Yarn Along: Tesselations Baah

Dear Creative and Inspiring Gentlefolk,

     Yesterday I ran over to a somewhat local yarn shop in search of inspiration. It was quite an adventure, for I had never visited this particular shop.

     Set in the corn fields, behind the owner's white frame house in a small garage, is a little shop called Knit N' Purl. The driveway lined with flowers was delightfully cheery. The selection of yarn and notions is ample, and the pricing is competitive.

     I was in search of one skein of fabulous Malabrigo in order to make a warm hat for myself.

    What I found was Baah, hand-painted in hot pinks and greens.

    I fell in love. I had to have it.


     Yum, delicious colors. I'll be making Tesselations by Tracy St. John. I'll need those fresh watermelon colors to keep my spirits up during the winter months.


         Reading along right now with Lady Molly of Scotland, created by the fabulous Baroness Emmuska Orkzy. I just finished my first installment of Dr. Thorndyke, and it was an amazing romp, think CSI meets Sherlock Holmes. I can't wait to read what the Baroness has written, since I loved The Scarlet Pimpernel.

        I also kicked back with a couple of Amish setting romances to help keep down the stress level from school. The Amish Bride by Mindy Starns Clarke was a nice escape, and I look forward to relaxing through the other books in the series as soon as they become available in my library queue.

        I can't believe I've just now discovered the magic of online library e-book lending. Where have I been? This is amazing! I can even download audio books to listen to while I crochet clean.

 Love,
Sarah

 P.S. I'm linking up with Ginny'sYarn Along  and Tami's WIP Wednesday # 113

7 comments:

  1. Oh la la! That yarn is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right the bright pink and green look awesome together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome hat pattern! I've never seen the like. You're absolutely right that those watermelon pinks and greens would brighten the dreariest winter day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yarn you chose and the colors! What size hook are you using?

    ~~Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using an E....hopefully it will be the right look for me when it is done!

      Delete
  5. Oh what beautiful yarn! Very watermelon-y. And it's so bright!

    ReplyDelete